Skinny Apple Oat Bars
Simple recipe to make in a skillet or casserole dish for breakfast, dessert or a snack.
gluten free, low calorie, Yum!
Nutrition facts: 174 calories, 5.2 grams fat, 26.7 grams carbs, 7 grams protein
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- (optional almond extract)
- 1 medium granny smith apple, washed, sliced and then sliced.
- Preheat oven 425 F. Prepare a greased (coconut spray or olive oil) casserole or iron skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, honey and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, stir tapioca flour, oat flour and oats. r
- With wooden spoon gently add in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add batter to the greased casserole or skillet covering it evenly.
- Carefully add the apple slices on top. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 425 F 20-30 minutes until pie has set and a toothpick can be removed from the center clean.
- (optional: can add plain Greek yogurt sweetened with stevia or coconut creams for that whipped cream taste.